It’s past time to shake off those winter blues and welcome summer time with open arms. One of the best parts about this time of year is that there is a festival going on around the city just about every weekend. We love to celebrate in the South, and thankfully we know how to cool off during a festival too. We have beer festivals! There are a few stragglers that kick off the beer fest season early or later, but for the majority of these celebrations, you will find yourself in hop heaven from May through August.
Here are the Summer 2011 beer festivals in and around Atlanta, Georgia in order by date:
- Dunwoody Beer Festival :: May 14 :: This is the 10th annual Dunwoody Beer Festival. It is held in the Perimeter Mall parking lot from 2pm to 7pm. Admission includes a souvenir pint glass, lots of free beer, and live entertainment. Learn more about the event by going to their website.
- East Atlanta Beer Festival :: May 21 :: East Atlanta loves their craft beer. Come to Brownwood Park for great beers, food, and local music.
- Draft on Taft :: May 21 :: It’s not really a beer festival, but you get free Jersey Mike’s and all of the Budweiser you can drink for each ticket. This event benefits Bert’s Big Adventure.
- Brookhaven Beer Festival :: June 11 :: 100s of beers, live rock bands, and a souvenir tasting glass. It’s a great way to cool off at the beginning of June!
- Atlanta Summer Beer Fest :: June 25 :: Located at the Masquerade Music Park, you won’t know what to do with yourself at this beer festival. There is a ton of music, and even more beer. They are also saying that there will be plenty of bathrooms, if that is a selling point at all.
- Suwanee American Craft Beer Fest :: July 23 :: Sample over 120 craft beers, enjoy live music and great food at the Suwanee Town Center Park.
- Sandy Springs Beer Festival :: August 13 :: Plenty of local, American, and international beers available. There will also be lots of great food and live music. It’s located at Heritage Green, a very pretty venue for a beer festival.
- 8th Annual German Bierfest :: August 27 :: Dust your lederhosen off, and get ready to celebrate the one of the great beer countries. Over 30 great German beers will be in attendance at the beer fest to round off the summer. There will be plenty of awesome, authentic German cuisine served at the festival as well. Enjoy your beers and pretzels at Woodruff Park.
Have you been to any of these festivals in the past? Drop a line and leave a comment. Tell us about your favorite summer beer fest in Atlanta.
Photo via Flickr
Whoever you are, I am head over heels for this blog. You just have no idea…
I wasn’t sure my heart could race anymore over the Big Move to Atlanta that’s about to occur in my life, but you’ve done it. Nice work. Huge fan.
Thank you so much for the kind words. It really means a lot to us. Here’s an early “Welcome” to Atlanta. Keep us updated on your big move. We’re big fans of your site too.