Don’t miss out on what’s going on in Atlanta this weekend. Now that the pollen has been washed away (temporarily), it’s the perfect spring weekend to go out and explore. Whether you are ITP (inside the perimeter) or OTP (outside the perimeter), there are plenty of things to do around Atlanta. Check out a few of your options around the “A”.
- Mother Clucker Fried Chicken Festival – Don’t miss out on crispy chicken, cool cocktails, and live music in Morningside. Chef Ron Eyester (@theangrychef) is bringing together some of the most talented fried chicken chefs from around town to throw down. Find out more about the event this weekend (4/13) on Rosebud’s website or click the banner to enlarge.
- ATL Flip Cup Championship – Put those years of getting a liberal arts degree to good use by competing in Atlanta’s premier flip cup championship. You can enter your team of 5 for $125. Want to bring your biggest fans and cheerleaders along? It will be $20 at the gate and that includes beer. Find out more about the tournament from the folks who host Atlanta Beer Festivals.
- Atlanta Steeplechase – Fancy hats, bow ties, bourbon and racing… We can’t think of a better way to welcome Spring’s arrival than to spend this Saturday (4/13) out of town at a giant lawn party. For the guys who need a few pointers on what to wear, check out our tips from Back Down South. Gather some friends together and find out more information about Atlanta Steeplechase on their website.
- Brews for Bunnies – Red Hare Brewing Co is throwing a fundraiser this Saturday (4/13) for the Georgia House Rabbit Society. The hoppy Marietta brewing company will donate a proceed from each pint glass sold (which includes 6 tasting tickets) to the GHRS. As if beer and bunnies weren’t enough to get you moving, there will also be live music by Taylor Mullins, raffles for prizes, and more. Enjoy a tour, and their expanded outdoor area equipped with cornhole boards and a bocce ball court.
If you aren’t swayed by any of those awesome events going on this weekend, then you can always throw a Masters party at home. There are a few things you need for a successful Masters party:
- Cigars – Golf and cigars are much like peanut butter and jelly, peas and carrots, and Forrest Gump and Jenny. They are all meant for each other. Grab a couple sticks and enjoy the tournament. You can start praying for tickets for 2014 next week. This weekend is for relaxing.
- John Daly – If you’re going to enjoy the Masters, you’re going to need a proper Southern drink. Grab some sweet tea (homemade is preferred), some Simply Lemonade, and a bottle of your favorite vodka (Pinnacle works great on a budget.) For the truly lazy drinkers, you will have to wait awhile longer to have an “Original John Daly”. He’s cashing in on the adult Arnold Palmer spin off and slinging out prepackaged cocktails (30 Proof) in the near future. In the meantime, you can always grab some Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka and Simply Lemonade to cut out 1/3 of the pouring effort.
As long as you have some food and like minded friends to join you, you’re going to have a great Masters weekend. Who can argue against kicking back with cocktails and cigars?
Keep up with what’s going on in Atlanta and around the South by subscribing to our e-mail list (located under our awesome sponsors). Have a fantastic weekend and Get Hooked on the South.