Around the nation, people are beginning to put away their winter coats and prepare to soak up the sun again. As the Empire State of the South, Atlanta shakes of the winter blues as early as possible. While friends in Tahoe are still hitting the slopes, Atlanta is anxiously awaiting flipflop and tank top weather.
As we prepare for another beautiful Spring, I wanted to highlight a few events around Atlanta that hit a variety of tastes and make you fall more in love with this city.
- Atlanta Dogwood Festival – April 8-10, 2016: Celebrating 80 years of arts, music, and food, the Atlanta Dogwood Festival is a tradition that brings together all walks of life within the city. The artist market and music will have you walking around Piedmont Park for hours, which is good because there is also plenty to eat!
- Suwanee American Craft Beer Fest – March 19, 2016: The 6th annual Suwanee American Craft Beer Fest is your next shot for enjoying an early spring in the Atlanta area. This beer festival has grown to become known as one of the better craft beer fests around metro Atlanta. Enjoy over 300 craft beers and 31 Georgia breweries.
- Shaky Knees Festival – May 13-15, 2016: Over 75 bands, 3 days of live music, and 5 stages make up the Shaky Knees Music Festival in Centennial Olympic Park. The festival is headlined by Florence + The Machine, My Morning Jacket, and Jane’s Addiction. You can grab tickets for all 3 days at a special rate, or just commit to one day if that’s all you can do over the weekend.
- Atlanta Steeplechase – April 26, 2016: A slightly more upscale event than your local beer festival, the Atlanta Steeplechase attracts big hats and seersucker pants from around the South. Going all out on your garb and (responsibly) mixing mint juleps are both encouraged! There are a variety of admission levels to meet your budget and level of contribution. The event this year supports Bert’s Big Adventure.
- Athens Twilight Criterium – May 6-7, 2016: An amazing mix of athletics, food and craft beer, and family fun, Athen’s Twilight is a unique springtime festival that you won’t want to miss. Cap off the weekend with the women’s 40k pro-am criterium and men’s 80k pro-am criterium (bike race) through the streets of downtown Athens.
- Atlanta Taco Festival in Candler Park (May 1)
- Marietta Greek Festival (May 13-15)
- Beer, Bourbon, BBQ Festival (May 21)
- Georgia Craft Beer Festival (May 30)
- Cherry Blossom Festival Macon (March 25 – April 3)
- Sweetwater 420 Fest (April 22-24)
Do you know of an event that you think should have been mentioned? Send us a Facebook message, Tweet us, or send an Instagram video with your suggestions!